Le tartuffe (1984)
Orgon is a man of property duped by the false piety of the penniless Tartuffe. Orgon takes him into his house, believing him a paragon of virtue. Orgon orders his daughter to reject her fiancé and marry Tartuffe. First Dorine, the family servant, tries a strategy to avert the marriage; then Orgon's son tries his hand. They anger Orgon, and to prove paternal power, he disinherits his son and makes Tartuffe his heir. Next Orgon's wife tries to bring her husband insight, a stratagem that partially backfires. With the bailiff at the door ordering Orgon to vacate his own home and with Tartuffe at court to prove Orgon's a traitor, all seems lost.
The movie Le tartuffe, released in 1984, features 6 songs from artists like English Baroque Soloists, Jean-Philippe Lafont and Philip Langridge with Monteverdi Choir and English Baroque Soloists and John Aler with Monteverdi Choir and English Baroque Soloists. What is your favorite song from Le tartuffe?Tweet
Songs from Le tartuffe
- (Entracte) Suite des Vents
- English Baroque Soloists
- Nuit redoutable !... Lieu d?sol?
- Jean-Philippe Lafont and Philip Langridge with Monteverdi Choir and English Baroque Soloists
- Jouissons de nos beaux ans
- John Aler with Monteverdi Choir and English Baroque Soloists
- Requiem: Intro?t
- Chorale Philippe Caillard, Orchestre Jean-Fran?ois Paillard
- Le?ons des t?n?bres: Troisi?me le?on ds t?n?bres pour le mercredi Saint
- Le?on de t?n?bres: Le?on pour le mercredi Staint (1er partie)